Sunday 24 March 2013

Winters back

The Spring equinox, which marks the beginning of spring in the northern hemisphere, was on March 20th. This normally means the day light and night time hours are equal and the grass gets greener as more photosynthesis is used by the plant. Not this weekend... Like most of you I woke up to a snow covered scene on Saturday morning and the golf course closed because of this. I will up load a couple of picture I took when walking round the course on Sunday morning. The good news being I don't think this will hang around for to long unlike previous snow. We have between 1-2 inches in places and very little under trees. We are forecast more today (Sunday) but we are due a westerly wind towards the end of the week meaning WARM air!
So for now, I must be patient as I know the summer is just around the corner!




No comments:

Post a Comment